Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Web Copywriting Preparation and other Freelance Writing topics.
The single most important thing you need to get clear in your head before you begin to write is : What are you trying to achieve with your site? Ask yourself the following questions:
• What are you trying to achieve with your site?
• Are you trying to make a sale?
• Are you trying to get people to sign up for your newsletter?
• Do you want people to bookmark your site and come back again and again?
• Do you want people to register in some way?
If you aren't clear about the purpose of your site, everything within it will be confused. It will meander around and your visitors will sense this. They will catch the scent of any ambiguity. Make it clear. Make it simple.
*Once you are clear about purpose, you will start copywriting with greater clarity.